Successfully Diversifying Your Business with Elana Walker
April 13, 2021
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Add to Calendar
The face of the wedding industry has had one face for such a long time, however, the face of the industry does not look the same as it once did. Weddings come in all shades, colors, cultures and traditions and not only should they be celebrated but they should be considered within your business model. The wedding industry is a very diverse place and unless you become more inclusive, your business will be left behind. Changing some of the practices within your business to be more diverse and inclusive can increase your profitability while improving the reputation of your company.
Join us on Tuesday, April 13th at the 21c Museum Hotel as we welcome wedding industry expert speaker, Elana Walker, CWP, and owner of Elana Walker Events. Elana will discuss the following:
- Benefits of diversity & inclusion within your business
- How to authentically diversify your business
- Marketing to a more diverse clientele
- Maintaining diversity within your company
- What you can do within your market to evoke change
A few reminders...
- In an effort to make everyone feel comfortable during the meeting, a member of the NACE board will reach out to you before the event to get your seating preferences and assign you a table.
- Attached is a map of the Downtown Durham Parking Decks. The closest parking lots & decks to 21c Museum Hotel is the Corcoran Street Deck and Lot 20. Parking is FREE after 7:00pm. You will not have to pay to park if you arrive before 7:00pm.
- The 21c Museum Hotel will be taking guest temperatures upon entrance and guests will be asked to complete a health questionairre.
- Please wear a face mask at all times during the meeting, except when eating and drinking at your assigned table.
- We will be Live Streaming the event to our Triangle NACE Private Facebook Group. If you are a NACE Member, please request access to the private group so that you are able to tune into the meeting from your home. If you are not a NACE Member, you can still join us on the Live Stream for a fee of $10.00. On the day of the event, we will grant you access to the Facebook Group for the duration of the meeting.
Mark Your Calendars!
Let's keep the conversation about diversity in our industry going! Elana Walker and Aneesa Glines, owner of Harmony Weddings & Events and The Graham Mill, will be leading a Clubhouse discussion on Diversity in the Events Industry on April 20th at 4:00pm.
* The Clubhouse app is currently available to all iPhone users. If you’re not already a Clubhouse member, send us a DM and we will happily make sure you get an invite to be a Clubhouse user!*
This event is free to both members and non-members!
THANK YOU TO OUR GRACIOUS 2nd QUARTER HOST VENUE & CATERER!
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS!
$45.00 Member Ticket- Charcuterie Box + Bar
$60.00 Non-Member Ticket- Charcuterie Box + Bar
$20.00 Member Ticket- Bar Only
$30.00 Non-Member Ticket- Bar Only
$0.00 Member Ticket- Live Stream at Home
$10.00 Non-Member Ticket- Live Stream from Home
$20.00 Door Prize: 1 body's length of tickets
$10.00 Door Prize: 1 arm's length of tickets
$5.00 Door Prize: 1 hand's length of tickets